The Regina Rowing Club is proud to offer a variety of recreational membership options to our community. Take a look at the following to determine the program that is best for you!
High School (and Middle Years)
This program is for students in grades 6 to 12 with limited or no previous rowing experience. Participants learn to row and race. Practices run Monday to Thursday each week from 4:00 to 5:30 PM. Participants are eligible to race in a novice event at the Sprints Regatta on June 8th, and to compete in High School crews at the High School Regatta.
· April 29, 2019 to June 15, 2019 (7 weeks)
· $180 (includes t-shirt and race dues)
· High School Lead Coach: Donna Ell
This is a fun recreational program where you can learn the sport in 8-person boats with a consistent weekly crew and coach, improve your fitness, develop/increase your rowing skills, meet new people, and compete in a regatta on June 8 on Wascana Lake! Participants can register as a crew (8 members) or individually. Individual registrants will be assigned to a crew.
Click here to be directed to our Crew Challenge Page for specific details.
· April 22, 2019 to June 8, 2019
· $150 (includes t-shirt and race dues)
· Crew Challenge Lead Coach: Nick Day
Elementary Learn to Row Camps
We offer 2 one week long half day camps for children aged 9-13 years to learn to row during the summer holidays.
This Rowing Program is an excellent opportunity to do something completely different, get fit, and have fun! At the end of this program, you will have all the skills necessary to be rowing independently on the Wascana Lake.
This will be a week-long half day summer camp at the following sessions and times:
Session 1: Monday, July 8th - Friday, July 12th from 8:30-11:30 am
Session 2: Monday, August 12th - Friday, August 16th from 8:30-11:30 am
The senior non-competitive program is for experienced rowers who are want to train, but not compete (except at the Sprints). Rowing times are flexible. Limited coaching is available.
· April 1, 2019 to October 31st, 2019 (6 months)
· $250 fees
· Fundraising Commitment: The club collects 2 fundraising cheques at registration ($100 each postdated for October 1, 2019). Obligations include 2 firewood delivery shifts in the fall of 2019. There is a buyout option of $200
Other Programs to meet our community’s needs:
Para rowing is available. Please contact the club if you are interested in para-rowing.